What is the Twin Lakes Fellowship? From the website…
The Twin Lakes Fellowship is a ministerial fraternal devoted to the encouragement of Gospel ministry and ministers, and to the promotion of healthy biblical church planting. The Twin Lakes Fellowship is a ministry of the Session of the historic First Presbyterian Church, Jackson, MS (in conjunction with several other PCA sessions and ministers in Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina). This fellowship is designed to pursue a twofold purpose: (1) to encourage ministers and churches to promote the work of church planting through their local congregations and (2) to encourage ministers in their personal growth in grace, so as to maximize their effectiveness in promoting the work of the Gospel.
Ligon Duncan kicked off the conference with a very strong, clarifying call for faithful expositional preaching.
David Meredith, who is a pleasure to listen to, took on the subject of evangelism, and gave his impressions of the Evangelism Explosion material. Don`t miss this one.
Doug Kelly, Carl Trueman, Sean Lucas, Derek Thomas and Terry Johnson all gave messages worth a listen.
Ligon conducted 3 wonderful telephone interviews. He interviewed Thabiti Anyabwile about his two books: The Faithful Preacher, and The Decline of African American Theology. Tim Keller was interviewed about his best selling book The Reason for God. And finally, David Wells was interviewed about his book (then forthcoming) The Courage to Be Protestant, and Wells gave an excellent summation of the 3 divisions of the church today: Truth-lovers, Marketers, and Emergents. Wells must be listened to.
- Seminar 1 – Introducing the Twin Lakes Fellowship (Dr. Ligon Duncan)
- Exhortation – Evangelism (David Meredith)
- Tele-Interview 1 – Thabiti Anyabwile
- Worship Service 1 – Sermon (Dr. Douglas Kelly)
- Seminar 2 – The Heidelberg Catechism (Dr. Carl Trueman)
- Exhortation – Sermon (Dr. Sean Lucas)
- Worship Service 2 – Sermon (Dr. Derek Thomas)
- Seminar 3 – Public Prayer (Terry Johnson) [handout 1 and handout 2)]
- Tele-Interview 2 – Dr. Tim Keller
- Tele-Interview 3 – Dr. David Wells